Halozyme respects individual privacy and is committed to protecting personal information in conformity with this Privacy Statement and applicable legal standards.
This Privacy Statement sets forth the practices of how Halozyme, Inc. (“Halozyme”, “we,” “us,” or “our”) collects, uses and discloses information that we may collect from you.
Our website is directed to residents of the United States. All personal information we collect will be processed in the United States consistent with United States law, and if you submit information to us, you consent to the transfer and processing of your personal information in the United States.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you.
The types of information we collect include:
- Internet or other similar network activity. Technical information about your browser and computer that is automatically collected when you access the website (e.g., cookies)
- Identifiers. We or our service providers collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address, as well as contact information you provide when you interact with us, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address.
- Professional or employment-related information. We collect this information when you apply for a job with us.
- Your contact details. Your name, email address and other contact details, which you may provide to us.
We collect this information from the following sources:
- Directly from you. We collect information that you directly provide us, such as your contact information, when you interact with the website.
- Indirectly from you. We collect some information, like your IP address, by observing your interactions on our website.
Cookies and Other Tracking Tools
Do Not Track
“Do Not Track” or DNT is a feature enabled on some browsers that sends a signal to request that a web application disable its tracking or cross-site user tracking. At present, our website does not respond to or alter its practices when a DNT signal is received.
How Do We Use Your Information?
The primary purposes for collecting, using, and sharing personal information about you include: to provide you with information related to our company, research, products, therapies, and investment, to respond to your requests for information and employment inquiries, and to administer and enable your use of the website.
Purposes for using your personal information may also include, but are not limited to:
- To contact you via telephone, email, or by postal mail if you have specifically provided us with this information
- To respond to your comments and queries
- To carry out surveys, studies, and evaluations including statistical analysis
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations or codes of practice, including to report adverse events to Halozyme and regulators
- In connection with the establishment and defense of legal interests
- For our internal business purposes
- For all other purposes to which you have agreed
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not sell personal information.
We will not share personal information with third parties outside of our company without your consent, except in the following ways:
We use service providers to collect, store, or process your personal information and other information we collect on our site, for the uses described above.
We also may disclose information pursuant to a request from law enforcement or pursuant to other legal or regulatory process, or as otherwise required by law, or, in our sole discretion, to protect our rights, property or interests, including to enforce this Privacy Statement.
Information collected from this site may also be transferred in connection with a merger or other business combination or restructuring, bankruptcy, transfer of assets, or to our successors in interest.
How Is My Information Protected?
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we store, process or transmit. Please use caution when submitting any personal or other sensitive information to us online.
How Long Do We Retain Your Information?
We only store and use your personal information: 1) for as long as required to provide our services to you; 2) for as long as required by law or to establish defenses to legal claims; 3) for as long as necessary to comply with our contractual obligations to you and third parties; or 4) with respect to studies and other related data, we may continue to retain your data for scientific research and statistical purposes related to our scientific endeavors.
Your California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy act (CCPA) provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with information about the following, no more than twice in a given twelve-month period:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we have collected personal information about you;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- Provide you with a portable copy of your Personal Information.
- Delete certain personal information which we hold about you.
Please note that certain personal information may be exempt from the requests described above in certain circumstances, which may include if Halozyme needs to keep processing your personal information for our internal business purposes or to comply with a legal obligation. We also may not be able to honor your requests with respect to personal information that has been aggregated or where you can’t be identified or data or personal information that has been included in publications, research and other reports that have been made public. If we are unable to honor your requests, we will provide you with our reasons.
To make a request, or if you need additional assistance regarding your rights, email email@example.com, or call 1-844-855-4256. Please note that we may require that you validate your identity prior to processing your request.
Shine the Light Rights
California residents who have an established business relationship with Halozyme may make a written request to Halozyme about whether Halozyme has disclosed any personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the prior calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Halozyme does not knowingly collect or store any personal information from or about children under the age of 13.
If you believe a child under the age of 13 has under any circumstances provided us with personal information and data, a parent or legal guardian can email us at email@example.com to request that their children’s information be deleted from our records.
Links to Other Sites
This website may contain links to third party websites that we believe may offer useful information. Halozyme is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these other websites. You should contact these sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Halozyme reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. If Halozyme makes material changes to its Privacy Statement, we will notify you by changing the Effective Date on our Privacy Statement and provide additional notification either via email or other means as we may deem commercially reasonable.
If you ever have any questions about our online Privacy Statement, please contact us. We respect your rights and privacy, and will be happy to answer any questions or concerns you might have. You may direct any such questions to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Date: 1/1/2020